You are missing Stan the Man tonight.
You and your girls took him to the emergency vet office tonight, where he will spend the night. Stan had been having seizures throughout the today, and seemed like he was in a fog.
It is going to be a long night without him, but you are hoping for good news in the morning.
Dealing with the illness of a pet can be difficult, especially when that pet has seizures or another condition that is making him seem like a different pet altogether. Fortunately, emergency veterinary services and animal hospitals can offer help. From veterinary specialty centers to pet hospitals, an increasing number of places are offering the care that many pet owners are looking for.
How Close Are You to an Animal Hospital or Vet Care Clinic?
From strip malls in the suburbs to refurbished warehouses downtown, animal care locations are opening up across the nation. And while there may have been a time when you had to drive to the outskirts of town to find the animal care that you needed, today’s animal hospital services and daycare offerings are found throughout cities and and even some small towns.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the animal care industry and the number of pets that Americans currently own:
- 38.9 million households in America own cats.
- Until they are 16 weeks old, kittens and puppies need to go into a vet for vaccines every three to four weeks.
- As pets get older, vets suggest twice a year checkups.
- 80% of dogs show signs of dental disease by age three, leading to loose teeth, abscesses, and chronic pain.
- 70% of cats show signs of dental disease by age three, leading to loose teeth, abscesses, and chronic pain.
- 92% of pet owners spent the same or more on their pets during the most recent recession period as they did during nonrecession times, according to Forbes Magazine.
For many people, pets are an important part of the family. Knowing that you have a close location to visit when your pet is not feeling the best is a real relieve. Finding the right care when needed is important to every pet owner.